What is DegreeWorks?

DegreeWorks is a web-based program that enables you to easily track your academic progress at Concordia College. You will be able to see how specific college requirements have been met and what courses you can take to fulfill those requirements still remaining. With the click of a tab (the ‘What If’ feature), you will also be able to see how your academic requirements might change if you were to change your major.

How do I benefit from using DegreeWorks?

  • Determine what requirements you need to fulfill in order to complete your degree.
  • Identify which courses you have taken or transferred, and which ones count as electives.
  • View transfer credits, waivers, and exemptions applied toward degree.
  • See how your coursework could be applied toward another major, minor, or major concentration using the ‘What If’ option.
  • Confirm your academic standing.
  • Estimate how many semesters it will take you to graduate.

What is a degree audit?

The degree audit worksheet is a review of past and current coursework that provides information on completed and outstanding requirements. It can be used as a tool to plan and track your progress toward earning your degree. The audit can be used as part of advising sessions with the Registrar and academic advisors to determine course selection and confirm graduation requirements.

Is my information confidential?

Yes. Like other processes you use through Banner Self-Service, your degree audit is accessed through your secure login.

How is my DegreeWorks audit different from a transcript?

Your degree audit is an unofficial document and can be viewed as a tool to provide you with academic information related to your degree progress and help you plan your academic schedule.  Your degree audit is not your official academic transcript. 

How do I print a copy of my DegreeWorks report?

To print or save a digital copy of a degree report from DegreeWorks, click on the Save As PDF button that is located near the top of the degree report.  This will open a PDF file where it can be saved or printed. 

When should I look at my DegreeWorks audit?

  • Before you meet with your academic advisor to discuss registration for an upcoming term.
  • Before registration, use it to plan your program for the term.
  • After you register to ensure that the courses you selected applied to your requirements like you thought they would.
  • After your grades for each term are posted.
  • Before you apply for graduation, review your academic record.
  • Any time you make a change to your schedule.

Why my audit may seem incorrect?

  • Missing information, such as, official prior college transcripts, AP & CLEP exam scores, or any other credit bearing college work.  Official documents must be sent to the Registrar Office so that your record can be updated.
  • You have not yet declared an intended major and therefore your required courses are not placed in the proper buckets. The audit cannot advise you on a major if there is none on file. You can use the What-If scenarios to see what courses to take for different majors.
  • You are not following the major or minor as stated in the Concordia catalog. All exceptions or substitute courses that have been previously approved by your advisor need to be updated to your record.
  • You are a non-degree student

According to my audit,”Credits Applied” indicates I have more credits than I’ve actually completed. Why?

DegreeWorks counts completed and in-progress courses (currently in-progress and future courses you have registered for) in the “Credits Applied” category.

What is the Excess credits block?

Courses that were successfully completed but do not count toward the major requirement.  If a class falls into this block, you can contact the Registrar for further explanation. 

What is the Insufficient block?  

Courses that did not earn a sufficient grade requirement to count toward your degree (withdrawal, failing, or not meeting the minimum grade requirement based on program).

Will I be graduated if everything is checked off?

You will need to apply for graduation using your Banner Self Service.   After this time your record will undergo a degree audit and alert you of any issues. It is best to meet with the Registrar in your Junior year for an in person audit prior to applying for graduation.