*** PLEASE NOTE: As our servers are based in Nebraska, Blackboard is in Nebraska time. If you’re setting up availability time, please be sure to set it one hour behind Eastern time. For example, if you want your test to start at 10am, set the start time for 9am.***
You can create assignments in content areas, learning modules, lesson plans, and folders.
- Open up the Content Area you’d like your assignment to be. From the Assessments menu, select Assignment and fill in the name and instructions. You can also add any files the students may need. You can use the options in the editor to format text and add file, or add files in the Assignment Files section.
- Select Browse My Computer to upload a file from your computer. You can also attach a file from the repository, or drag files from your computer to the Attach Files area. Some browsers will allow you to drag a folder of files. The files will upload individually. If the browser doesn’t allow you to submit your assignment after you upload a folder, select Do not attach in the folder’s row to remove it. You can drag the files individually and submit again. You can use the file name or provide another name for the file.
- You may select an optional Due Date. Assignments with due dates automatically show in the course calendar.
- In the Grading section, type the Points Possible and add an optional rubric. Expand the sections to make selections such as anonymous grading, how the grade is displayed, and the number of attempts. You can allow more than one attempt on an assignment.
- Make the assignment available when you’re ready for students to access it. You can change the options for availability, tracking, and display dates. Display dates only affect when an assignment appears – they don’t affect an assignment’s availability.
For more assistance on creating assignments, please click here.