- Go into your course in Blackboard.
- On the menu in the left pane, go to Discussions.
- The Discussion Board screen is displayed. The Discussion Board is a repository of Forums.
- The Discussion Board is composed of Forums.
- Forums are made up of individual discussion threads that can be organized around a particular subject.
- Click on the Forum name to read what students have written and to post threads in response.
The front page of your discussion board provides a list view of all the available fora and their descriptions
To the right of the forum description is a summary of posts made to the forum, including the total posts made, the number of unread posts, and the total participants in the discussion.
Forums, threads and posts can be opened by clicking on the item’s title.
To quickly view all unread posts, click the “Unread Posts” button in the forum’s list entry. This will display list of all new posts in the forum on a single page in reverse-chronological order. Note, however, that this view does not group by thread.
All submissions by all students are shown below. You can be selective in what you see here. Click in the white box below Items to select a particular assignment; likewise click in white box below User to select a particular user. Click Go (to the right of User).